For as long as I can remember, I’ve always made meatballs using beef. About a year ago, though, I decided to try ground turkey instead. Oh my, why hadn’t I tried turkey sooner?! These moist and flavorful meatballs are a hit with my family, especially my little guy. You can add them to your favorite marinara sauce and served with spaghetti or on hoagie rolls for meatball sandwiches. Or, as I’ll be sharing later this month, in Italian Wedding Soup. Enjoy! :0)
- 1 ¼ lb of 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
(1) Preheat oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
(2) In a large bowl, add all ingredients. Mix together with a wooden spoon until well blended. Shape turkey mixture into desired-size balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
(3) Bake meatballs in oven for about 25 minutes, or until completely cooked through. Be careful to not overcook, which will result in dry meatballs. Makes approximately 20 medium-sized meatballs.
~This recipe was first posted on BEEsy Mama in May 2012.~