When making salads, I love combining sweet with savory flavors along with a mixture of textures (crunchy and soft). This Baby and Strawberry Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing does just that.
I first posted this recipe on my BEEsy Mama blog. I’ve included the recipe and photos as I originally posted them in April 2012. Now that my family and I have adopted the Paleo way of eating, I’ve also included notes on how to make this recipe Paleo-friendly.
- 5 ounce bag of baby spinach
- 10-12 strawberries, sliced lengthwise
- ⅓ cup onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pecan or walnut halves, toasted
- 3 oz. goat cheese, crumbled (~see note below to make it Paleo~)
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries (~see note below to make it Paleo~)
Honey Balsamic Dressing
From Rachael Ray’s 30-Minute Meals 2
- 2 tsp grainy mustard (~see note below to make it Paleo~)
- 2 rounded tsp honey
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
Make It Paleo ~ To make this recipe Paleo-friendly, don’t add the goat cheese and replace the dried cranberries with a ⅓ cup chopped dates. For the dressing, use a gluten-free mustard, and if possible, use raw honey.
(1) Arrange spinach in a salad bowl. Add strawberries, onions, pecans, crumbled goat cheese (don’t include if following Paleo), and dried cranberries or dates.
(2) In a small bowl, whisk together grainy mustard, honey, and balsamic vinegar. Slowly add olive oil while continuing to whisk the mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
(3) Drizzle the dressing on the spinach salad and serve. Makes 4 servings.