What could go better with a burger than fries? How about Sassy Sweet Potato Fries?! Oh yeah!
On Memorial Day, we grilled up some turkey burgers and enjoyed them with a basket of these sweet-n-spicy fries. Simple to prepare, these oven baked fries took center stage at our holiday meal. They didn’t last long. :0)
A quick note to those with kids who don’t like spicy dishes ~The fries were a bit too spicy for my son. So next time I make them, I’ll probably divide the wedges into two batches—seasoning one with cayenne and the other without it.
Sassy Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp onion powder
- 1½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Dash (or two) of cayenne pepper
- 1½ TBSP coconut oil, melted
(1) Preheat oven to 400 ° F.
(2) Cut sweet potatoes into long thin wedges. Place on cookie sheet.
(3) In a small bowl, mix together spices. Pour coconut oil and sprinkle spices over sweet potato wedges. Toss wedges until well coated with oil and spices.
(4) Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.