With homegrown tomato season just around the corner, I thought I’d share my favorite summertime recipe ~ Bruschetta with Feta Cheese and Balsamic Vinegar.
I make this simple recipe several times during the summer, often enjoying these delish appetizers out on my patio with my family and a breathtaking view of a mountain sunset.
Made with juicy tomatoes (preferably from your own garden :0) and fragrant basil, this refreshing and delicious summer appetizer will delight your taste buds. Enjoy!!
Bruschetta with Feta Cheese & Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 25-30 basil leaves
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil plus more for brushing on bread slices
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 8 slices of Ciabatta bread (~I cut each slice in half for smaller portions~)
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Balsamic vinegar or your favorite balsamic vinaigrette (click here for a recipe), for drizzling over prepared bruschetta
Make It Gluten-Free ~ Use gluten-free bread instead of Ciabatta bread.
(1) To a small bowl, add halved grape tomatoes. Roll several basil leaves together at a time and cut into thin strips (looks like confetti). Add basil to bowl with tomatoes and gently mix. Coat mixture with olive oil and season with sea salt. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until ready to serve on toasted bread slices.
(2) Preheat broiler. Arrange bread slices on a cookie sheet. Lightly brush each slice with olive oil. Toast bread slices under broiler until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Watch bread closely as it can easily burn under broiler. (~I’m notorious for burning my bread because I get distracted by something else in the kitchen! LOL!!~) Immediately after removing bread from broiler, rub each slice with garlic cloves.
(3) Arrange bread slices on a serving platter. Top each slice with a generous amount of tomato mixture and feta cheese. Lightly drizzle with balsamic vinegar over slices. Makes 8 appetizers.