For one of his birthday parties when he was a little guy, his mom (my sister-in-law) made a beautiful fruit pizza. Everyone at the party raved about it, and for some time after that, my sister-in-law made it for other birthday celebrations. Oh, what a treat!
Several years ago, she shared the recipe with me. Made with a giant chewy chocolate chip cookie topped with a rich cream cheese and white chocolate frosting and a layer of colorful fruit, this pretty and decadent dessert will delight both kids and adults alike. I usually make this recipe for group gatherings, and it’s always a hit. One time, I used a heart-shaped pan to make this delicious dessert for my son’s Valentine’s Day party at school.
Originally a Pampered Chef recipe, I made some modifications, including using homemade chocolate cookie dough instead of store-bought dough, adding kiwi to the fruit topping, and changing some of the directions. Enjoy!
♥BEEsy in the Kitchen Question♥
What is your favorite dessert to make for kids?
Fruit-Topped Chocolate Chip Pizza
- Chocolate chip cookie dough (see recipe below)
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate for baking
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 10-12 strawberries, cut in slices lengthwise
- 2-3 kiwi, skin removed and sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, well drained
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray a 10″ tart or quiche pan with cooking spray. Press about ¾ of the cookie dough recipe below into prepared pan until evenly covers bottom of pan.
2. Bake shaped cookie in oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are set. (Cookie will be soft, which is what you want. Be careful to not overbake.) Cool completely before topping.
3. Place white chocolate and milk in a double broiler (or a heat-safe bowl set over pot of boiling water, which is what I did :0). Stir often until white chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
4. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; mix well. Gradually stir in white chocolate mixture and mix until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cookie.
5. Arrange strawberries, mandarin oranges, and kiwi over cream cheese mixture.
6. Place chocolate morsels and coconut oil in double broiler. Stir constantly until chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle over fruit. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve. ♥Makes 16 servings.♥
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp soda
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
Directions for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
1. In a mixer, blend together butter, sugars, and eggs.
2. Add baking soda, flour, and salt to butter mixture. Add a few drops of hot water. Mix together until well-blended.
3. Add chocolate chips and vanilla to mixture. Mix until well-blended.