I discovered my passion for writing when I was in second grade. My teacher invited me to stay after school to craft stories on her typewriter. Those afternoons, as I pounded away on the keys, I fell in love with writing and dreamed of someday being a novelist.
I studied journalism in college. After graduation, I worked in other fields, and for a season, I placed my dream of being a fiction writer on the sidelines. When my son was two, I left my job to be a stay-at-home mom. It was at that time when I began taking steps toward being a writer.
I am currently a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers and its North Denver Chapter. I am working on a World War II novel and a middle grade novel. I also write articles, devotions, and short stories. Some of my published works include:
- “Clara’s Wishes” published in the November 9, 2013 Special Edition of Harpstring. This short story was chosen as one of 10 finalists in HIS Writers’ 2013 Flash Fiction Contest and was selected as the First Place Winner.
- “The Clockmaker” published in the November 17, 2012 Special Edition of Harpstring. This short story was chosen as one of 10 finalists in HIS Writers’ 2012 Flash Fiction Contest and was selected as the Reader’s Choice Story.
- “Family Devotion: The Bible Is History” published online at Thriving Family in 2013.
- “Family Devotion: God Created Land Animals” published online at Thriving Family in 2013.
- “The Sleeping Giant” published in February 2011 at Christian Devotions.
- “Wisdom’s Beautiful Fruit” published in March 2011 in David C Cook’s Family Currents newsletter.