Don’t you love it when you find a new favorite? You know, one of those foods or dishes that you find yourself craving often.
A few weeks back I made up a Mango Chicken Salad that has become a new favorite with my husband and me.
With chopped mangoes, avocado slices, grape tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, green onions, and grilled chicken over a bed of spring lettuce greens, this salad’s vibrant colors and flavors will surely dazzle and delight you. The Orange Vinaigrette drizzled over the salad is light in flavor and body, accentuating the bold flavors of this salad. Enjoy! :0)
Mango Chicken Salad
- 6 cups of spring lettuce mix
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 lime (for avocado), halved
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded, & chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts, seasoned as desired and sliced (~I used a Jerk Rub to season my chicken. It worked beautifully with this salad.~)
- Orange Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- ¼ cup orange juice (juice of 1 orange)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (gluten-free)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- Pinch of onion powder
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
(1) Arrange lettuce in a large bowl. Squeeze lime on avocado. Add avocado, mangoes, tomatoes, green onions, pumpkin seeds, and grilled chicken to salad.
(2) In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, white wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard. Slowly add olive oil while continuing to whisk the mixture. Mix in herbs and seasonings.
(3) Drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette over salad. (You may have some of the vinaigrette left over to enjoy with another salad.) Toss salad and serve.
Makes 3 to 4 servings.